"Are you ready to live your adventure and take the plunge?"
We were gearing up for the grueling climb to the summit of a 20,000+ ft peak in the Himalayas. It was a full moon lunar eclipse night. As we crossed the glacier and started the steep ascent towards the summit ridge, we were panting, and our minds were getting blurred.
"Do we still have it in us to start something new...have we come too far in life?"
On the ridge the body had given up, and the mind had started playing games, yet we kept chugging up and ahead, roped up and in unison. On the summit we decided to take the plunge and Reccy was born.
- How do we find our next adventure?
- Which is the best one for getting together with college buddies?
- Where can I initiate my daughter to hiking and bond with her?
- How do I find the best operators and guides?
- How can I find a hidden gem, away from the crowd?
- Am I overpaying? Can I rely on the guide? What all are not covered in the price?
- What kind of fitness regime do I need to follow?
- Who can tell me what to carry, what gear and shoes I need? Where Can I buy these?
We were all young adventurers in college - doing mountaineering, hiking, rock climbing, skydiving, scuba diving, paragliding, skiing - and then got busy with our professions….. with pharma research, in the Air Force, designing and erecting steel plants, developing software, in investment banking and private equity….and then we came back together to indulge in our passion again. But planning, preparing, and gearing up for an adventure trip can be arduous, we struggled with these questions every time we wanted to go out of our comfort zones again.
Hence our mission is to make it easier to discover and book the best adventures and outdoor trips, help you prepare and provide you with world-class apparel and gear, designed for the Himalayas, for all your outdoor adventures and forays…...so that you get inspired to Cross the Line.